GRAND RAPIDS GRAVEL
- RollMaster® reversing drum mixer, 12 yd³
- Cement silos, 200 ton capacity each
- Underground storage, 8 bins with drive over, 1,000 ton total capacity
- Aggregate bin, 8 compartments, 600 ton total capacity
- Dust collection system
- Air heating system
- Water weigh hopper
- Belt conveyor, 42″
- Shuttle belt conveyor, 36″
At Grand Rapids Gravel Company, Michigan, it became necessary to relocate a high-production plant outside city limits for easier access to a new market and faster supply of raw materials. After this great success, they purchased a second plant with a 12 yd³ RollMaster® reversing drum mixer and more storage capacity to replace their old flagship plant situated in the middle of Grand Rapids, which was unable to keep-up with increased demand.
In addition to the 12 yd³ central mix plant with 800 ton of cement and 1,600 ton of aggregate storage, BMH Systems designed and supplied the steel frame for the building and the aggregate heating system.