MUSKRAT FALLS - BÉTON PROVINCIAL
- Mobile mixers
- 2 RollMaster® 12 yd³ (9 m³) mixers
- Aggregate Storage Bin, 4 compartments, 110 tons (100 tonnes)
- Cement bin, single compartment, 60 tons (55 tonnes)
- Aggregate and cement scales, 12 yd³ (9 m³)
- Screw conveyors, 12” diameter (300 mm)
- Aggregate belt conveyor, 42” (1,100 mm) ribbed belt
- Auxiliary cement silos 275 tons (250 tonnes)
- Dust collection system
- Aggregate bin extensions, 220 tons (200 tonnes)
Beton Provincial needed a dual central mix plant to produce the concrete for the construction of an 824 megawatt (MW) hydroelectric dam on the lower Churchill River in Labrador for the Muskrat Falls project.
BMH provided two RollMaster® 12 yd³ (9 m³) mixers with a portable batch plant equipped with a mobility system for the reversing drum mixer. BMH also increased the storage capacity.